Tuesday 5 July 2011

The escape


We have always been restricted by the four cornered walls of reality.
Our ideas struggle to break out of this forceful conformity.
 Soon our dreams begin to fade under the pressure of life’s rigidity.
 We fear that our dreams would be buried with the several corpses of untouched potential
Our hopes drastically losing in a battle for survival
Our footprints begin to fade even before they are made
The thought alone makes us very afraid
So we search for a way out, an escape for our hopes
A place where they would defy gravity, and soar so high
Reaching out and altering our predestined horoscopes
Some of us escape by freeing our dreams as beautiful sounds
Their dreams serve as the world’s lullaby
Others bring beauty to the world’s eyes
Their dreams escape to a landscape of no bounds
While some of us escape to a new world alone
Where reality is merely a stepping stone
To a greater existence, with a special tone
They are the true conquerors of time
My escape it to a place where my thought is prime
A place where my thought births stories
Stories that bring to life my deepest and innermost feelings
My hopes and dreams escape through different characters
Some characters express my fears and inhibitions
Others, my joy, pain, anger and wonder
A place where my thoughts take shape
Welcome to my freedom, welcome to my expressions
Welcome to my escape.



1 comment: