Thursday 21 July 2011

Hope

I am in a nightmare. I live in a time of sorrow, in a time of tears. Watching hopelessly as my world is destroyed and pulled apart from the very seams. I look at the past and smile, and then I look at the present and sigh, looking at the future I can only weep, for I see darkness. I sense fear, I can smell it and I watch it fuel the darkness as it grows, slowly consuming my world. I hear the earth grumble as it swells with the bodies of wasted lives. I try to block my ears from the wails and laments made by the souls of our fathers as they watch their children bring down the house they built. I can only watch again hopelessly as pieces of a catastrophic puzzle are put together slowly, it is now almost complete. I look on, like an audience watching the climax of a badly written play afraid to watch as the actors bring the play to a disastrous end.
I try to wake up, but I am trapped in this dreadful nightmare. However amidst all these, amidst the pain, I dream of a dying hope, a faint glimmer of light. Even in this nightmare, there is a chance for change. I could change this dream, so that I could wake up to a better reality. A reality filled with peace and understanding. A place promising genuine truth and understanding. Where there are unlimited possibilities and opportunities. But for this to come through, I must keep on dreaming, keep on hoping. Hope might be dying, but it isn’t lost yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment